Oscillating effects question

ping141

Hi! In an oscillating effect, if you select "4 discreet steps" or "4 random positions", for some reason the speed between each step is very different. Seems like discrete steps run twice as fast. Anyone know the rason for this? Is a little annoying when building effects that use several timed effects to sync up...

It does not matter. Random positions still run at way slower speed than discrete steps. Would it not make more sense that they were the same speed?

The frame behavior directly depends on what you set: BPM or time.
How do you measure the speed between image changes? Can you make a video?

I am unable to upload the video for some reason... Would you know which format is allowed? I made an .mp4 less than 1 Mb, but no luck. So I'll try to explain instead.

Time or BPM give me the same results as to the speed difference. I measure the difference just by looking at the preview. Discrete Steps seems to have a faster cycle than Random Positions. I would just assume that a 4 step loop would have the same timing between the steps regardless of whether they are discrete or random, but maybe they are coded differently or I am understanding this wrong.

Thanks though for following up! :)

Back