I am scripting an APC mini to control fx for better ability in a Live setting.I am wanting to create layers a top of the pad so that one button can correspond to effects 1, 1 through 1, 16. Another button will represent the change to 1, 17 through 1, 32. I am unsure how to create the scripting so that the layers correspond with another button to set the pads to the next set on the FX. In addition I am unsure how to light up the buttons, as well as create the button to toggle instead of just being on. Right now with the scripting, it only works if I press it but it won't turn off, as well as it only works in master to FX, and not live or zone to effects. Please helped with scripting guidance!

Hi Prism,

Your question is so extensive that I could write a couple of pages of text on this.. But probably there is an easier way to go;

Please check out the file "QuickShow APC Mini Template for BEYOND V1.0" file in the "Midi" directory of BEYOND.
Open it inside BEYOND and you will find a complete working template of the APC mini as it works with QuickShow.

Inside this midi config file, buttons are already mapped, lights are working and has a layer already build in. It also uses initialisation scripts to set the controller in the "right" condition.

I would start with investigating these files (please do't forget to check out the scripting tab (See attachment) .. This is where the controller is initialised and put in the right control mode.

Screenshot 2020-04-17 at 09.27.44.png

Let me know if this is a good start point!

Back