Playback on ST and LP "blinks" annoyingly

Rafa_Linares

Playback on ST and LP \"blinks\" annoyingly

Hi there!
This is my first post here, I find this boards a great help for all Pangolin users out there.
I currently run LD2000 on a HP notebook with a MAGMA cardbus PCI adapter. It has work flawlessy for a long time, but in the last year, i

Re: Playback on ST and LP \"blinks\" annoyingly

Dear Rafa,

Please try to close the preview window when you are playing back shows. Originally, the preview window was invented to help you when you do not have a laser projector. When you have one, then you don't need the preview window very often. These days, the preview window can be a more critical part of show playback, especially if you have multiple projectors, or if the projectors are located in places where you can't fully see them from the laser projection booth. In any event, the preview window requires a good computer with fast video for best results.

The preview window relies on the computer's video system. It could very well be that you have a crappy video system, or that you have some piece of software installed which is REALLY hogging the computer occasionally. For example, you might have a printer driver that goes out and touches the printer periodically. When it does this, it might essentially shut down the computer momentarily. I have seen this with CANNON printer drivers on our own computers here at Pangolin. It would interfere with smooth playback of video as well.

So your solution is several fold. First, try running with no preview window and see if that solves the problem. If it does, then you can either keep the preview window closed during playback, or investigate what it is about your computer that is slowing down video so much that it actually interferes with the laser.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back