Please advise.

Asahi

I need to get some information regarding network PCs with Showtime on local PC.

Is it possible to control some of PC (with Intro board each) on network from Master local PC with Pro and Intro boards ?

PCs on network has no Show files and no Frame files, and all necessary Show files and Frame files are on Master local PC only.

Can slave PCs on network use those files on Master local PC ?

TCP/IP protocol is working fine on network, and Network LD2000 and LD2000_Network.exe are on right place.

I have scanner-1 (zone01) and scanner-2 (zone02) on Local PC, and scanner-3,4,5 on slave PC on network.

In this case, can Showtime on local PC control scanner-3,4,5 using zone03,04,05 ?

Please advise.

Asahi

Is it possible to control some of PC (with Intro board each) on network from Master local PC with Pro and Intro boards ?

Yes of course. That is the typical configuration that our customers use.

PCs on network has no Show files and no Frame files, and all necessary Show files and Frame files are on Master local PC only.

Yes, exactly. That's how it works. Basically, you could imagine it as though we turn the network cable into a very long, very thin PCI bus. So all real software activity happens on the local PC, with only QM2000 and laser-related communication happening over the network.

Can slave PCs on network use those files on Master local PC ?

Yes, naturally.

I have scanner-1 (zone01) and scanner-2 (zone02) on Local PC, and scanner-3,4,5 on slave PC on network.

While it is possible to use any Projection Zone, for any purpose and any scanner, Pangolin has strong recommendations that you use the zones as we intend. For example: Zone 1 is the "main graphics zone". This is normally used for "Scanner 1" and normally for graphic projections". Zone 2 is the "raster graphics zone". This is normally also projected by Scanner 1, but with smaller dimensions. You can use the zones as you said you are, but you will sacrifice show compatibility, meaning that if you receive a show from another person who is following Pangolin recommendations, you will need to re-do your zones.

Of course, this may not be a high priority for you. If you never share your shows with others, and never expect to receive show content from others, then "compatibility" is not important. Still, I think we thought out the zone concept pretty thoroughly, so it might make sense to follow our recommendations. For a complete list of our zone recommendations, see the "Projection Zones" section of the help file.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back