Please help me

k2cfon

Hi, I'm new to this entire laser thing, and the only reason that I'm here really is to try and get some help in using the Lasershow Designer 2000. Here is my situation:
I'm a light jockey my local night club, and it's just had a re-fit, so they have spent a few bob on new stuff, included in that was the laser :D Which I'm VERY happy to have, and I am the only one in the whole place that can go on it :N
I have tried to do some shows together, but I haven't had any lessons on how to use it....yes the bloke that installed it showed me on how to do very basic stuff (such as having the beams going across the room and how to get my own pictures onto he laser), but I would like it if someone could show/teach me how to use the program to its full.
One picture that I have been able to get onto the laser is a flag, I have it rotating, zooming in and out, changing colours....but what I would REALLY like to see/do is a flag in the wind effect, I'm sure that this would be possible as there are images of pink panther smoking and people dancing on there!!
Also I remember that the bloke the installed the whole system saying that you could get it to take a video image of the people dancing on the dance floor and it would go through the laser...now this sounds like a great thing, but again I have no idea on the way to do it......
As you can imagine my list of things that I would like to do and learn is endless and can't put 'em all on here with my first post lol

Well I do hope that someone on here could be of assistance to me. :airtoss: :airtoss: :airtoss: :airtoss:

Hi K2cfon,

Hmmm. Well reading your post I have a few important questions. First, who was it that sold you the system with our software? I have this question because dealers are responsible for providing training and support. Really you should be able to ask these questions directly to your dealer, and have them give you a good answer. Would you please send me a private email to info@pangolin.com so that I may know who this dealer is and try to find out why they did not give you better training or why they can't answer your questions?

Second, did the dealer provide you with our Tutorial DVD? For around the past year, we have included a free Tutorial DVD with every system that is shipped. If you do not have the DVD, you can find a few chapters here:
http://www.pangolin.com/Downloads-Tutorial.html

Third, there are some waving flag animations among the over 120,000 clipart frames that are included with the LD2000 system. If you use the Clipart Browser / Search Engine, and search for the word "flag", you should be able to find them, and then automatically have them included into your show so that you may use them.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Other users may chime in here as well :)

Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, :N I will try and see if I can get my boss to get in touch with the dealer that we got the laser from, as I don't know who set it up for us, and yes we did get a DVD with the system, but I would like to know more stuff about it, than what the DVD goes into really.

At the moment I'm trying to get a show ready for a nice dark song (Insomnia by the Faithless you might of heard about it) and I'm really getting into the swing of it I think, it's just a shame that I only have the basics to work with as I think that I could do a good job if I had the full version. As I'm picking things up while I go along lol,

To tell you the truth Bill, the reason I think that I received a "Crash Course" in the prog by the bloke that installed it, is because he found out that I have a degree in computers and I can pick stuff up with them easily, as I was doing little stuff that he hadn

Back