Preview the laser graphics + video in BEYOND

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by LaserFan, Aug 26, 2013.

1. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

Hello all! I am sorry, if the theme was already discussed, but I have not found the information. There is a necessity to make preview the laser graphics with video in one window.
    Whether it is possible in BEYOND to output (for example in Enhanced Reality Preview window) the laser graphics and video? What other methods it is possible to receive such result?
    Thanks!

2. Bob@Pangolin

[email protected] Staff Member

At the moment the preview window can not show the video.

I don't know what the future brings, but for now the answer is no.
    Ill take the suggestion to our dev team.

Bob

3. Aaron@Pangolin

The best you could do at this time is if you have the LD2000/BEYOND package you can export your show to .LDS to import into LD2000's Showtime application which can then save to .AVI for video playback.

4. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

Bob and Aaron thanks for the answers.
    I have BEYOND, but not have LD2000's Showtime.
    I need to output the laser animation and video in ONE WINDOW ON THE COMPUTER SCREEN for capture of this window and make presentation video for my site. It seems to me that there would be no such functions which could execute LD2000's Showtime and could not BEYOND or I am not right?

5. Aaron@Pangolin

I might have mis-understood your goals. You can put a preview window up on a seperate monitor for a presentation you just cannot save the output to an .AVI file like you can in LD2000/Showtime. Currently there are several features in LD2000 that are not possible in BEYOND as they are not built on the same platform.

I would use the EmuLaser feature, under "Laser and EmuLaser hardware" and route your graphics to that as a projection zone, then route that to your extra presentation monitor.

6. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

I have output in BEYOND both windows (Emulaser and video) on extra presentation monitor. But they are not transparent and cover each other.
    As a result it is impossible to output all in one window :(
    Whether I can use Showtime or only LD2000 owners have the right to use?

7. soforene

soforene Well-Known Member

It's doable

This is certainly "doable" within Showtime.

There are 2 shows that demonstrate this feature on the Pangolin show site.
    Volvo and Handball.

Note: You may need to be a signed up member of the show site to see the above preview files.

8. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

It that I need to make! But I have not LD2000's Showtime :(

To Aaron or Bob
    Whether I can use Showtime (I have a licence on BEYOND) or only LD2000 owners have the right to use?

9. Aaron@Pangolin

What he is showing is, I think, an AVI file export of a laser over video Showtime show, not a preview window view.

To use LD2000 you need to have a QM2000 hardware controller, which is the hardware platform LD2000 runs on. BEYOND will run on both hardware platforms (QM2000 and FB3). I suspect you have a Flaschback 3 hardware controller with BEYOND, correct? Unfortunately LD2000/Showtime cannot run on the FB3 hardware.

10. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

Yes, I‘m have Flaschback 3 hardware.

At that moment I'll have to do the mixed preview in the video editing software.
    The request to a developer team to take into consideration the given task as now creation of the mixed show (video + graphic animation) is possible only with direct output to the final equipment that is not so convenient.
    All thanks for answers.

11. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

It's possible to have a single bitmap serve as a background over which you can do a variety of things including "laser preview". This would be done using the BEYOND Universe. The video seen here shows how Derek Garbos did that at a recent event:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrO9N1xYMmc

The more complete solution would be to use a visualization software that is compatible with BEYOND, such as Light Converse, or V3D or Capture Polar. To see what has been done with Light Converse and lasers, see this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im2n9ZHK2nU

Best regards,

William Benner

12. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

Thank you William. I will try!

13. Raider

Raider Active Member

Hi!
    something has changed since then? I also need to output to a single window tracks of video and laser.

14. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

Hi Igor,

If you need to preview Video and Laser in same window then take a look at
    1. Universe. There are component for Video preview, captured from timeline.
    2. Simple overlay preview mode of timeline preview. It use captured video as a background for laser frames.

Best Regards,
    Alexey

15. Garrett_502

Garrett_502 Well-Known Member

You should definitely look in to purchasing visualization software. I use realizzer, and it's amazing. Kind of expensive though.. especially if you want the video export feature. But if you've got the budget, look in to it.

16. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

Thank You, Alexey! Really Universum has this feature!

17. alwitra

alwitra Member

i have beyond essentials.I'm not sure if it work

18. alwitra

alwitra Member

Hi Garret, I am having problems rendering in Realizzer 3D, it always renders around x4 of the real speed, Could you please tell me how to render step by step? I followed all the youtube tutorials but they don't seem to help. Thank in advance!

19. Lasernt

Lasernt Member

Download layout for Universe from Cloud.

[email protected] likes this.