problem with ilda export for flashcard

lorenzopompei

Hi,
I have a problem with a flashcard
I have to export a show in ilda file and load that in a flahcard, this card in mounted in a laser, but when I see the show from the laser all the show is resize,
I have just tested all the options for the export,
Thanks, Mauro

Hi Mauro,

There are two options in Showtime's Export facility. One option will export all frames "full size", and the other option will export using Projection Zones. The option to export using Projection Zones is pretty handy, because you can pre-correct any imagery for geometric distortion.

However, with this being said, you may have another problem which is hardware related. The Flashback series of boards does not have differential outputs for X and Y -- only single ended outputs. This is because the Flashback series of boards was intended to be embedded into projectors where you would have total control over the rest of the hardware, including scanner amp gains. Please make sure that your scanner amp gain is configured such that +5V deflects the beam to "right-most" and "top-most" and that -5V deflects the beam to "left-most" and "bottom-most" positions.

Bill

Now we have prepared a PCB with amplifier which generates fully differential (ilda compatible) signals. This way the projected image is not anymore reduced to 50%. It is connected in the middle of flashback output cable.
Boards are on stock, if anyone needs them.

And the photo of the board...

fb3_diff_012008.jpg

It does not need external power supply. Connection to FB3 is enough.

Back