Problems with TC-2000/incoming Timecode

Schoschi

Hi

I had some problems with incomming Timecode form TC-2000. I go directly on serial-Data-Connector on PC.

Sometimes the timecode Jumps a little bit. Some frames are lost and the output jumps a little bit.
I testet all reasons of connection.. (optocoupler from RS232, new powersupply etc......)

Now i use for Test a Serial-USB Adapter. Eventually the problems comes from my mainboard..

Somebody had this problem ? or can help me ..

Greetings Georg :)

Timecode

Hi

Does anybody know if i have to enable oder disable the FIFU-puffering on RS232 Port (Com-Port), when I have an tc2000 in it ?

Greetings Georg

We've seen problems with USB to Serial converters. I suspect that your problem is there. You might try another brand name of USB to Serial converter and see if that solves (or affects) the problem.

It might be best to use a SMPTE/MIDI device instead of a TC2000. These are generally available at any music store, and Showtime and AutoPlay can work with any SMPTE/MIDI device that is physically connected to the computer.

Best regards,

William Benner

Timecode

So..

I get a new MOTU Midi/SMPTE converter.
I try this... no Problems, No Jumps and a absolut accurate incomming Timecode... Much better than TC-2000
Showtime read this perfect.. (with midi or USB.. both is going right)

So all is right... :cool:

If somebody need my TC2000. I will sell it second Hand..

Back