QM2000.NET connection problem !

petraru

I have a QM2000.NET board connected via CAT-5. It works win my older notebook, no problem. But on my new notebook there is no connectivity, the 3 green LED-s are off. If I plug and unplug the CAT-5 cable teh 3 LED-s remain OFF . Both notebook have windows XP pro, and same setting at Local Area Connection. Anyone have this problem or know something about it?
Thanks!

networking...

hi petraru,

could need a crosscable.

if not; when you say 'and same setting at Local Area Connection', i hope each computer does not have the same IP address in the TCP settings? each computer must have a unique address on the subnet.

otherwise try disabling all firewall and antivirus software, then run the xp network connection wizard.

hope this helps....

lasero2000

If you are connecting QM-net directly to the notebook (without a router or switch) make sure that:
- you have cross-over cable
- netork "card" inside laptop does not attempt to connect with 1Gbit rate -> manually set to 100Mbit
- you have manually set IP addres and subnet. First three numbers must be equal on the QMnet and on the laptop and Subnet must look like "255.255.255.0"

Hope this helps.

Back