qm2000.net crashes

Dhutten

last weeks i have got a lot of crashes with the qm2000.net.

Situation:

I plug the power in on the qm2000, the link and 10/100act are on so that works,
then i start for example livepro then both link and 10/100act goes out, and flashes some times.

When i get into a program after some minutes a get the warning "LivePRO must now exit because the network connection that supports the master QM2000 has disconnected." and when i look at the .NET same situation lights off. Lights go on/off seems to me a board crash or network crash.......

I have tried the following:

LD 4.11 and QM2000.net on Vista ---- same problem
LD 4.11 and QM2000.net on XP SP2 --- same problem
LD 4.40 BETA and QM2000.net on XP SP2 --- same problem

Tried several kinds of wiring

several straight cables
several cross cables (computer directly on pc works the best, but it supports ethernet so a switch must work)
2 PC's
several switch ports (Cisco switch)

please advice.............

Board 7018 Firmware 9-2-2007 256MB

Hi Dwain,

I had the same problem when using QM.Net with my laptop computer (IBM/Lenovo T60p with internal high quality gigabit intel network controller). I solved this problem by using another (PCMCIA) network controller of 3Com. Now it's perfect.

Tobias

Unfortunately, by only reading your message text, it is impossible for me to know the exact configuration of your QM2000.NET. For example, do you have the 19-inch rack mount version, the "laptop friendly" version, or the OEM module? If you are using an OEM module-style, then I strongly suspect your power supply, or the length of wire between your power supply and the NET module.

One thing we have found is that the length of the cable from the power supply to the QM2000.NET module can be a factor. For the laptop-friendly version, the cable length is pretty long, and this could cause problems, especially if the QM2000 has 512MB memory. When we see problems, we have started installing what we at Pangolin call "super cap" on the power supply input to the QM2000.NET module to abate this problem.

If you are having problems and you have an OEM module, then you need to take a VERY close look at the power supply, and make the wires that go from the power supply to the OEM module as short as possible.

If you are having problems and you have a laptop-friendly version of the QM2000.NET, please contact Pangolin so that we can send you a "super cap" or take a closer look at any problems seen.

Best regards,

William Benner

Unfortunately, by only reading your message text, it is impossible for me to know the exact configuration of your QM2000.NET. For example, do you have the 19-inch rack mount version, the "laptop friendly" version, or the OEM module? If you are using an OEM module-style, then I strongly suspect your power supply, or the length of wire between your power supply and the NET module.

One thing we have found is that the length of the cable from the power supply to the QM2000.NET module can be a factor. For the laptop-friendly version, the cable length is pretty long, and this could cause problems, especially if the QM2000 has 512MB memory. When we see problems, we have started installing what we at Pangolin call "super cap" on the power supply input to the QM2000.NET module to abate this problem.

If you are having problems and you have an OEM module, then you need to take a VERY close look at the power supply, and make the wires that go from the power supply to the OEM module as short as possible.

If you are having problems and you have a laptop-friendly version of the QM2000.NET, please contact Pangolin so that we can send you a "super cap" or take a closer look at any problems seen.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi Bill,

It's the laptop friendly version the 5,25" box. I checked the connectors and also looked inside the box but can't find the solution. That "super cap" what kind of modification is that?

regards,

dwain hutten

Back