QS beam stuck

discoball

Hello everyone,
I just received a new Pangolin QS installed all the drivers, all good. When i try to project anything with the laser in only projects in a single beam (dot) and it projects on the "corner" of the projections wall. I attached a image to better understand my problem.

What i have tried so far:
-used another ilda interface ( ishow) , and it works like it should.
-used different Operating systems

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• beam.jpg
    beam.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 23
It sounds like you are not getting X and y axis scanner signals to the laser for some reason. Could be a USB cable issue, an ILDA connection issue, or something with the FB3 itself. We rarely find a hardware issue with the FB3 but it is possible.

To isolate where the issue is I would test with a new USB cable, new ILDA cable, and a different laser projector if you have access to one. Testing with the iShow interface is definatly a good avenue as it should verify your cables although I prefer testing with new cables also. If it still fails after the cable swap I would try the FB3 output on an osciliscope if you have access to one. If you find the FB3 is the common denominator then you will need to send the unit to our service center for review. You can find instructions for returning hardware to us here, http://www.pangolin.com/userhelp/return_shipping.php.

Thanks for the reply.
I tried all the suggestions you mentioned, unfortunately i don't have acces to a osciloscope.
Isn't there any other option so I wont have to return it?

If the problem is with the FB3 itself there is no other option but to return it so we can inspect it and repair it if needed.

I will ship it today, but it doesn't seem right for me to pay the shipping fee ( 30 Euros) since the product was damaged and it was not my fault.

Back