QS version 2.5 build 389 blanking issues

Hi folks, I have a new PC with windows 7 home premium. I installed QS earlier today from the Pangolin site (as I have done before successfully) but once I had connected the laser projector (SwissLas PM) I noticed that when displaying frames running on virtual LJ (fans, boxes, cones, mixed etc) the transition between the frames was not nice and clean as it is on the version of QS I have installed on my laptop (Version 2.5 build 385). As each frame changed from one to another instead of being a nice clean 'snap' you could clearly see the laser lines between each frame change. This is very puzzling and appears to be to do with the blanking. Anyone encountered this before ad if so how do I fix this? Your advice would be much appreciated.

I suspect this has something to do with the "dynamics" of the transition you are using between frames. I have seen something like what you are describing when the time length of the transition gets changed to over a half second or so.

To reduce this time length you need to be able to "See" the Dynamics tab under the preview window. By default this is turned off; click the View menu and enable "Show Dynamics" to show this tab. At the bottom of the Dynamics tab there is a "Duration" value that you can change. I like to keep mine below 0.3 seconds.

If this is not the problem, please take a short video, upload it to dropbox or to Youtube as a private video and send me the link at my screen name + .com.

Back