quck show with windows 7

lorenzopompei

i have a problem with quick show and windows 7
when i try to use same tools for example quick text appear a error notification:
access violation at address 0055ac03 in modele qs.exe write at address 3feffffe
and i can't use the tools.
what appened?
thank for the help

We do have a new build of QuickShow that we are working on. It is not quite ready for public release, but we can send it to you to test.

Please contact us directly through the contact form, and we will send you a download link. You can find the contact form at www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

I get this same error in Windows XP. :(

Just installed QuickShow on two computers--a Mac running BootCamp and my Sony laptop--and I can't run it for longer than 1 minute on either machine before it crashes.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
As I wrote above, some people reported problems. In the past, we believed that the problems were due to only certain computers or certain operating systems, since only a few people were having the problem. However, our most recent finding is that the problem is due to a bad batch of CDs that went out.

If you download build 128 (same build as on the CD) from our web site, this should solve the problem. You can find it here (scroll down a bit):
http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

We will be releasing a new version of QuickShow soon with new tools and a new workspace.

Best regards,

William Benner

We don't know yet. We planned on its release by right around now, but priorities are shifting. We're working on bigger and better things that will help more people in the world.

The way we look at it, right at this very moment in time, Pangolin already offers solutions for a very wide range of clients. We have QuickShow and the FB3 for people who need a low cost and yet easy to use solution. And we have LD2000 for true laser professionals. These two market segments are already very well covered by our current offerings.

But the world at large needs other things too. Just as one very blaring example, the Artificial Optical Radiation Directive takes effect April 27 of this year, and it will impact everyone living in, and doing business in the European Union. Once the AORD becomes law, anyone who is exposed to laser light greater than the MPE will have the right to be examined in a hospital. (This is a gross oversimplification, but more information will be coming.)

We have known about the AORD for a very long time. We included information about it within our PASS awards submission, and it was one of the reasons why PASS was awarded a first place Fenning Award for Techical Achievement in 2006/2007. So Pangolin already has one great answer for people needing to comply with the AORD insomuch as our PASS product. But we are also working on two or three additional products which -- like everything else we offer, will be unique, and are things that no competitor can offer. One of these has been in development since 2004, and only a small handful of people have even seen. But it is a real game-changer.

Basically, we try to take a "world view" to our developments. We ask the question -- what will help the greatest number of people in the world at large. Pangolin simply porting QS to run on the QM2000 will not help very many people in the world, but helping to promote PASS and these other AORD solutions helps a far greater number of people -- not only laserists, but also people watching laser shows within the EU. These are far more important right at this very moment in time.

I promise that QS will run on the QM2000 some day. It is a stepping stone to something else that we want to accomplish this year. So yes, it will happen. But right now we have bigger priorities.

By the way, our patent on PASS has been approved and the patent will issue soon. We expect patents to issue on our other safety technologies later this year. So Pangolin is in a great position to help people with AORD compliance issues.

I hope you agree that helping people to keep Audience Scanning shows going in Europe is more important than porting QS to run on the QM2000...

Best regards,

William Benner

Windows 7 has do away with Quick Launch Bar which is no longer a feature by default, and does not been shown or displayed on Windows 7 Superbar (Taskbar), although there is hack to enable Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7. With the removal of Quick Launch Bar, also missing is Show Desktop shortcut icon, which previously reside in Quick Launch Bar. Show Desktop allows user to quickly and instantly view the desktop by minimizing all opened windows in order to access files or shortcuts placed on desktop.

Back