Quickshow midi maps for AKAI apc20

tonyaztec

Hi Guys,

First of all let me introduce myself, I'm Tony, I'm in the UK and been around lasers for about 12 years, started with a Lasertech build yourself system. It was fun but very poor scanning. Later I built a small 532 Medialas system with 30 Catweazle scanners, Much better but let down by Beam sculptor software. Back then Pangolin was well out of my reach.

There was a few years that I stopped DJing, but recently caught the bug again.

I'm currently building a 5 watt RGB with 30k scanning.%)

Ive been on the Photonlexicon forum for about 18 months and i am a senior member, right to the point.

I have a copy of QS, very very pleased with it , especially with what I've used in the past, so what I want to do is to use a midi controller with the QS.

I don't know anything about remapping midi:confused:, has anyone remapped the AKAI apc20 to work, is it even possible to do it. I can get the slider to work, no problems there but its the key pad that I want to assign to the cues.

If there's a way getting them to work together than I think it will be a great controller.

Please help.

Thanks Tony

Hey Tony; welcome to the Pangolin forum. FYI, I am allthatwhichis at PL.

I am about where you are or below with MIDI knowledge. I will give this thread link to one of the QS programmers to see if they have any input. Did you post this question at PL? You may get more response as there are more people looking at PL than here.

Hi Aaron,

Good to hear from you, I have done a little digging through the pangolin forum and came across a post where a member was talking about a midi translator, so done a bit of searching with the old friend Google and came up with a piece of software that allows me to leave the settings as they are in my controller then the translator give me the output that I require.

I have now set my Apc20 to fire all the cues without the need of the keyboard, I can assign any of the fader to the live controls in QS, I've just started to set thing like starting QS from a midi command and basically I think I can access nearly any of the main controls from the controller.

Im very please with what Ive managed to get working with it, now the only downside I have at the moment is I dont have any control over the leds in the controller, Im still searching for advice if there is a way to get them to work.

I have put a post on PL but not had any joy on there, I think the Apc20 will work out to be a great controller when I've finished.

If you do get any information to help would still be appreciated.

Thanks Tony

Back