Quickshow on a Macbook

djpaul

Hi

Very new to all this
I have just bought a lw Proline 700 RGB laser and intend to use it with Pangolin quickshow...

I use a Macbook pro with the Dual i7 processor for DJ music, and wondered if i would be able to use it running windows and OSX at the same time
( without issues )

Or would i be better off getting a dedicated cheap laptop to run Pangolin quickshow on

Although i have seen a lot of bad reports on here about lw i have seen the new Pro 700 rgb running with Pangolin quickshow very well.
No flickering and 3 cues being used together ....

Regards Paul

I have not heard of any issues but your milage may vary... :rolleyes: I would get a virtual machine (we use parallels), install Windows, and do some vigorus testing to verify everything runs well before a show but you shouldn't have any issues.

I've had very inconsistent operation while running under VMWare. This is under Beyond, not QS. I boot directly into Windows and it seems to be much more solid. YMMV.

Also, there is no Dual processor on any macbook system. I5's are available in single processor, dual core and I7's are also single processor but quad core.

Last edited:
I originally bought an Apple Mac, seeing as they are considered a more professional platform than PC's when it comes to any professional working environment, ie graphics, music , recording studios etc...

Just seems strange to me that this software hasn't been written to be used on apple operating systems in the first place really...

Looks like i will have to buy a cheap laptop then ...
If its a case of having to play about getting it to work , why would i spend £400 on the software...The shop that first showed me Pangolin quickshow are using an old pc, nothing super hightech

Hi DJ Paul,

Please check this thread on the forum: LINK

Here you can find more how to run Quickshow or any other application on an Mac.

Hi again

I have checked out that link
Does that mean i have to replace the hard drive and add more ram to my mac?

My mac is the Early 2012 model 15" with the i7 processor

Paul

Got a PC

Just to end this thread
I borrowed a windows PC With a 2.2 gig processor, and 2 gig of ram with windows 7 installed
All works perfectly with Quickshow:):)

Paul

Back