Quickshow Slow Response to DMX input

MarkSF

I'm running ADJ "MyDMX 2.1" software along with Quickshow, using the Enttec DMX USB Pro to send the DMX into Quickshow.

In general, this is working, but I'm noticing about a half-second "lag" in the laser I have connected to the FB3 when changing scenes. All the DMX-connected lights respond immediately to scene changes, but the one laser I'm controlling with Quickshow takes noticeably longer to respond.

Cues triggered in Quickshow itself seem to respond immediately.

I have Windows "system" settings optimized for background services, though that setting didn't seem to make much difference.

The laser I have connected to the FB3 is Skywriter HPX, in case that makes any difference. Though again I'm seeing immediate response when triggering cues directly from Quickshow.

Any insights as to how this latency in DMX-input response can be improved?

hello, I have the same problem I have a compulite ultraviolet console, FB4 and enttec dmx, I have 1 dmx port dedicated only to quickshow and there are no more machines in the same dmx port only is the quickshow. I have delay compared to mobile heads with both color dimmer and laser shows, is there any solution to this problem?
Regards.

I finally got the opportunity to do some detailed testing, and found the following:

1) I get the same lag when running the DMX program and Quickshow on two separate computers.

2) I also get the same lag when running Quickshow on a much faster computer running Windows 7 than the rather low-powered Windows 10 laptop I've normally been running it on.

3) Does not seem to matter what BPM Quickshow is set to (I thought it might lag more with slower tempo, lag less with faster but that doesn't seem to be the case).

4) Disabling the Virtual DJ functionality (something I never use anyway) seems to make no difference.

Anything else I could try, to improve Quickshow DMX-input latency? This is a fairly irritating issue and looks bad when doing a lot of quick scene changes.

Is there anyone using DMX input to Quickshow that is ****NOT**** seeing this issue?

I've done enough testing to be fairly convinced that it's a bug with either the Quickshow software or the Enttec device/drivers. Especially since I see NO improvement running the Quickshow software separately on a much faster computer.

Please contact us at support {at] pangolin [d0t} com. Then we can try something else. This could be firmware related to the enttec.

Just emailed, thanks. Pretty certain the firmware my Enttec DMX interface has is the latest 1.44 version from Enttec's site. The only other version they have says "for RDM use only".

Back