REMINDER!! Handy tools for New Years shows

Pangolin

Staff member
Hi All,

This is just a reminder that in late 2002, we added a tool called "ShowClock" to the LD2000 system. This is a program that can run stand-alone, and project a real-time laser-projected clock, or it can run along with Showtime and allow you to add various clocks into your show. Even if you don't use it for the purpose of creating a clock within your show, you can use it to start and synchronize your show to the computer's clock for perfect New Years count-down applications.

If you have LD2000 version 3.10 or later, you already have the ShowClock application and examples. These can be found in the LD2000\Demos\ShowClock folder. See the ShowClockExample.SHS file and RTF document file to see an example of how it might be used in a real show.

If you have a version of LD2000 prior to 3.10, or if you do not have the ShowClock application and examples, you can download them here:
http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/ShowClock.zip

Also, within the LD2000\Demos directory, you will find something related -- a Show which illustrates various ways of creating clocks and timers in Showtime. This can be used separately or in conjunction with the ShowClock program mentioned above.

If you can not find it in the LD2000\Demos directory, you can download these examples here:
http://www.pangolin.com/_Files/Clock_and_Timer_Examples.zip

Have fun, and have a Happy New Years show!!

Team Pangolin

I used it and it worked very very well :)

One thing that would be good, not sure if it can be done, I couldn't see a way to do it tho, allow it to integrate with LivePRO

Maybe appear on one of the cues? Would of been handy to have been able to blend between other effects and the clock.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Good point. Let us keep that in mind. I can't quite remember because I am getting old :eek: but I think we might have come out with ShowClock slightly before LivePRO, or very soon therafter.

We will give this some thought for next year ;)

Bill

Back