Running more than 1 DMX universe in Beyond?

Garrett_502

I have a project that I'm working on that may require 2 DMX universes. Is it possible to output more than 512 channels of DMX in Beyond? I saw a thread about it, but it didn't really have a clear answer. The new Enttec USB Pro MK2 supports 2 universes. Has anyone tried running 2 universes from beyond with it? Or can I connect 2 Enttec DMX ODE's into my computer's network and output 2 universes with Beyond that way?

BEYOND operate with one EntTEC USB DMX PRO controller. More than one EntTEC is not supported and so far is not planned. If you need more, then I recommend to take a look at ArtNET to DMX converters. EntTEC has such controllers as well as other companies.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Hi Alexey,

Is the Enttec USB Pro MkII a good solution now?

I noticed in another thread you recommended the ODE over the USB Pro II. However, I found when comparing specs, there's a disadvantage to the ODE and that is it only appears to support Enttec's own DMX control software which is £199+VAT, whereas the USB Pro II supports 5 or 6 packages including several well known free packages.

Just wanted to check if there's any issue with choosing a USB Pro II over an ODE before possibly pulling the trigger on a purchase in the future.

Back