Running quickshow without fb3 present

mikey851

I believe I have seen this question asked before but I can't find it. Is there any way to open quickshow without the fb3 connected? I have all of my equipment out at the shop but I want to play around with the software at home without having to move the fb3 everywhere I go.

Thanks for any help.

When I try to start the program is says to connect the FB3 or place the license file into the application folder.

Once the FB3 is connected and QuickShow is up and running, you should be able to run QuickShow on that computer without the FB3 connected. I have not tested this in the newer releases, but it has worked in the past. If you are having problems with this scenario you should contact the pangolin team and they will assist you.

Okay thanks. I was going to try that this evening. At my shop the program will run without the FB3 but like you said it had been connected before. The software on this computer is a newer release....so we will see.

Hi , I have the same problem on one of two computers running XP SP3
Both had have connected and driven the FB3 correctly.
But one of them Quickshow stopped starting with the above error message.
The other one runs QS (no FB3 connected) without any Problems.

Are you guys having a solution meanwhile ?

To run QS or BEYOND without a hardware controller you must first run the application WITH a hardware controller attached to the computer AT LEAST ONCE; then you can run either application all you want on THAT COMPUTER. If you want to run it on another computer you will have to make sure you run the application once with a hardware controller attached to the "other" computer. When you run QS it will show a "Demo" controller attached if no other hardware controller is connected.

If you are having an issue after running the application with a hardware controller attached there could any number of issues, although I tend to suspect a change on the impacted computer or conflict with the file location since all was well before.

Can you advise if any changes, hardware or software have been made to the PC? (OS updates, QS version change, hardware swaps, ect.)

Can you verify the location of the QS folder and verify the contents of the QS folder? I had someone trying to run the Demo version and he was getting t he same error listed above. For some reason if you opened the QS folder all it had inside of it was a "BACKUP" folder which happened to have in it everything that should have been in the QS folder. By cutting everything out of the BACKUP folder and recopying the license file we got it to work.

I'd also like to know what software version you are using; updating to the latest build might be a quick fix for you.

Back