save show as serise of ilda frames?

aricha

hi all

i am trying to generate Ilda frame list from a 2 min. show that i have in showtime

i go to settings ; playback output ; output ; and i select : to Ilda file

all i am gettingn i a list of 5000 black frame

what am i doing wrong : :confused:

Hi Aricha,

I am not sure what you are doing wrong. Can you please send me an email with the exact steps that you are doing, and also with screen shots at each step? As far as I know this feature should work because we use this here at Pangolin quite often. It might also help me to have your show (SHS) file as well. Please send these via email to bill@pangolin.com

Bill

Hi Aricha,

It also depends on the Version of LD2000 that you are running. Only Basic and Pro have the ability to output to frames and AVI format.

You could purchase this feature "Ala-Carte" I believe. Email Pangolin for more info. =)

Albie

hmmmm,

5000 black frames.......

been there, seen that.

Is there any amount of "black" before the first image appears?

It could be that the system is trying to create the appropriate number of "almost empty" frames to fill the time. lets do the math... 32 tracks, 0 points, at 30k, that's alot of blank frames.
If so, it is likely that increasing the "minimum number of points" in the projector settings will greatly reduce the number of black frames being produced. However, it will potentially alter the displayed image if it changes the number of points being displayed.

Getting rid of that pause time where no images are displayed would be a better soloution, if this is the case.

Or place a black frame in there with a bunch of points, 1000pts (blank), that goes away as the first image is displayed. that seems to work best for me.

give it a whirl, see what happens. :eek:

-chuck

Well

i got it figred out

you must type ".ild" when you save the file

you can not select it from the list

thanks
aricha

Well that's different...

Apparently we have had a bit of a terminology breakdown here... Showtime allows you to save a show as a series of ILDA frames. This is a completely separate function from just using LD to save a frame file in ILDA format, which is what you were trying to do.

Anyway, YES :N when you are in LD or Showtime, and you want to save a frame file in ILDA format, you must type ".ILD" after the file name, or else it will be saved in LDS format. The reason has to do with what programmers call the "default extension", which means the extension used if you don't explicitly type one yourself.

By the way, this is covered in the help file... (why do I keep saying that... :rolleyes: )

Bill

Back