Saving timeline show to cue question

Garrett_502

Is there a way to select a portion of the timeline show and send it to a currently selected cue? For instance, if I want to map out a song with multiple (multi-zone) tracks and send sections to cues to then trigger for particular sections of a song, can I do that? Like make a cue for the verse, and cue for the chorus, etc.. with the timeline? normally you would just trigger cues live, I know, but this is for a play, and it's pretty complex and would be impossible to do everything live.

Currently when you send the timeline to a cue, it sends the timeline in it's entirety. I tried using the start and end selections to highlight portions of the timeline, but that doesn't seem to work.

Any help? Someone have a better solution for this? Essentially, I want to trigger multi-zone, multi-cue events over a single cue in succession throughout the show

The first thing that comes to mind, is to open the timeline shows and delete everything except the section you want. Then export that as the cue, and close the timeline without saving. (Or save as a new timeline show).

Sounds like that might be the only option. The only other thing I can think of is set the start and end times in the cue properties but that would use way too much memory

Hi,

you can simply copy out parts of the entire show into a new timeline and save this new entire timeline to a cue. Not as easy as copy directly to cue, but way faster and more safe instead of deleting the rest of the show, open it again for next copy action... ;)

Best regards,
Tobias

I've had a lot of problems copying and pasting, but I'm mostly working with Showtime shows imported to Beyond. Maybe native Beyond programming works better.

Back