Scan angle issue with FB3-QS in Beyond Build 699

Stuka

I'm using an older FB3-SE and a new (purchased less than a year ago) FB3-QS with Beyond.

Using the same projector and same zone for my test setup, I'm noticing the my scanned image size when using the FB3-QS is noticeably smaller than the image from the same zone & projector connected to the older FB3-SE. I haven't done a measured comparison between the two, but I estimate that the scanned image size with the FB3-QS could be as much as 10 degrees smaller (or more) than the same image when connected to the FB3-SE.

I have checked the "projector settings" for both FB3's, and everything appears to be same between the two.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hey Stuka, I just replied to your trouble ticket. What you are reporting is strange and I cannot reproduce it here in the office. I will continue to work this through the ticket. :cool:

Solved ...

Turns out it was a problem with some hardware I was using ... :eek:

I have my FB3's mounted in a portable rack case, which are connected to case-mounted DB25 pass-thru connectors to make it easier to hook up projectors.
Once I bypassed this extra hardware and connected the test projector directly to the FB3's, all my problems went away.

So, while I need to do some investigating with the extra pass-thru hardware I was using, it appears the FB3's are working as advertised. :)

Back