Scrolling Text

Larry

I know we can do scrolling text in the live window. But is there a way to use this function in the normal showtime programming window and just have the function on the timeline.

I have an animated "talking Head" that is giving a speech and i want to use a second scanner set and laser to scroll the speech below it. But i need to do this on the Timeline because this is only one part of a long show that will be done to SMPTE timecode.
thanks
Larry

Pangolin includes a scrolling text effect as well. This can be found in the SHOWS or EFFECTS directory and it is called SCROLL.EFF. You might also review the AATS show as well, in the DEMOS directory, as this demonstrates several scrolling text techniques.

Bill

I knew there was an effect for this but what I am wondering if there is a way to do it like in LIVE. I would like to be able to just type in the text and set it to scroll?
With the effect i will have to create a frame for every word is that correct or am i missing somehting?
thanks
Larry :confused:

No, you don't create a frame for every word. You create a frame that is the whole sentence. You may (or may not) need to convert the frame to vector oriented, depending on some factors. But it's really quite easy and powerful.

Users: Please fee free to jump in here and discuss your techniques with Larry... I created the AATS to demonstrate a few fundamental concepts. Others have taken this ball and run with it. I hope that others will give a few hints here...

Bill

Back