Security features

Hektek

Beta Tester
I've not been able to find the security features in Beyond, like there are in Showtime, to be able to secure files to play on certain systems. Are there plans to implement a similar system to allow for controlled distribution of content?

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you save a frame file in Showtime with a Flashback Serial number, does it secure just like on LD2000 systems?

Yes, BEYOND has security options. It has had them all along, but it is only in the most recent builds that they are available for users to interact with and adjust.

And yes, if you secure frames in LD2000 or Showtime using FB3 serial number, it should work on the FB3 that you indicated.

Best regards,

William Benner

Flashback units have 6 digit serial numbers, and Showtime only goes up to 5 digits. So I've not been able to export a secured .lds file for someone else to use with Beyond with FB3.

Last edited:
I tried both removing the first digit, and the last digit but ended up with the same result. The files showed up as locked for the other user.

Hi Jay,

Contact me directly about this, and send me an example file. We'll check it out.

Also, be sure that you are using LD2000 version 5.50 when exporting for use with QS and BEYOND (5.50 is currently downloadable from the web).

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi,
my Kvant laser projector has a safety system that doesn't permit to draw a single horizontal line or a single point.
In fact many Beyond cues have a black frame that is created by the Kvant safety system.
I would like to turn off this trap switching 2 buttons on the back of the projector and replicate this safety procedure directly in Beyond.
Is it possible?

Regards

Hi,
my Kvant laser projector has a safety system that doesn't permit to draw a single horizontal line or a single point.
In fact many Beyond cues have a black frame that is created by the Kvant safety system.
I would like to turn off this trap switching 2 buttons on the back of the projector and replicate this safety procedure directly in Beyond.
Is it possible?

Regards

Hi GabrieleFX,

Your question does not really relate to the security functions what was discussed above.
I suspect that you have an scan-fail in place.
This can prevent output. The scan-fail on its own is not managed by beyond.
To disable this, you need to check the manual of your laser or contact Kvant.

However, disabling an scan-fail is not something we would advice.
Maybe you can reconfigure the scan-fail. This is something Kvant can tell you.
Safety first!! An Scan-fail does more than dim the laser, please let Kvant inform you of the consequences of disabling the scan-fail.

Bam zones are possible anyway, even with your current projector setup.

Back