Settings to import an ILDA show file into Beyond?

Stingray

Beta Tester
Hello,

I´m exporting my LD2000 shows to ILDA Format to use them in Beyond.
I put the file into Beyond with "Import Picture" (the ILDA file has "Time Based Format (30FPS)".

Now I have a little question:
Is it better to use "timeline" as timesource or "time based animation" (in the event settings)?

If I have a file with e.g. 30FPS and the length in the timeline is not exactly the same as in LD2000, I think there could be some "broken Frames" when the time is shorter? Otherwise if I use "time based" with certain FPS, is it absolutely synchronous to the music or could there be some offset at the end of the show?

What is better to use?

Regards,
Reinhardt

Hi Reinhardt,

Thanks for question. If you export the show as "time based" animation with fixed FPS then it is recommended to use "time based" animation in BEYOND as well. Please set the Event duration same as duration of exported Show.

"timeline" and "time based" modes are similar by the nature. "Timeline" use Event duration for calculation of frame index. "Time based" mode use FPS for calculation of frame index. If the Event duration set equal to Show duration, then both settings should give equal results.

Best regards,

Alexey.

Back