Several Beyond systems in one network?

laserpeter

Hi Pangolin Team,

Is it possible to use several Beyond versions at the same time in a local network?
I currently have a construction site where this is requested, but at the same time open Beyond versions are currently blocked in the network.
There are several locations far away that show content with laser displays at different times, partly with time code, partly with manual sart and I wanted to control and monitor that centrally from one position.
Cameras were also installed for this purpose.
I do not know such behavior from other laser control systems,
as an infinite number of laser computers can run separately in a local network and also be linked to each other if necessary.
Unfortunately, I wanted to work more with Beyond in the future, but this is currently preventing that.

Best regards from Germany
PeterRothe
Lasershow24

Dear Peter,

Thank you for question. There are several things that can explain what we have now.

1. BEYOND Users already use multi BEYOND constructions by means of having two network connection per BEYOND PC. First for projectors, second for control data. Keeping everything on one network lead to problems, network has a limit too. Typically, multiple BEYOND can be controlled by various protocols such as MIDI, DMX/ArtNet, OSC, etc for live performance, and ArtNET TC for timeline playback.

2. BEYOND offer multiple "connections", I mean standard things like MIDI, OSC, ArtNET. BEYOND can react on such messages as well send them. It seems possible to "figure out something", which will server some simple cases. Ti might be possible to build up some relatively simple setups, however we come to point #3

3. Distributed system is way bigger and more complex question that having computers connected to one network.There is more like an architecture, and it involve tons of "small" details which all need to be solved. BEYOND 4 is not designed in a way to be distributed system. On opposite, it use all possible advantages of monolith application. It has impact on many aspects, but lets come to main point I want to explain. BEYOND 4 is not a distributed system by its architecture. It is not designed this way. BEYOND 5 will definitely have tools for distribution. We are working on this. I will be glad to talk about details after the end of initial development phase. As soon as it will be ready - we will be glad to offer for you.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Back