SMPTE out with TC2000 or MOTU

lasershow-creation

Hi all,

I just struggling with timecode out from Beyond by using both the TC2000 or the MOTU Express.
Timecode in works excellent and easy with both Interfaces, but unfortunately I did not make it so far for timecode out.
I already Setup the Interface in General configuration as well in show Settings. However it seems still no Output Signal possible.

Is there any step by step explanation available?

Thanks a lot and best regards,
Tobias

Timecode output by means of mentioned SMPTE controllers is not supported, and not planned.

You may consider MIDI Time Code (MTC) or ArtNet timecode.

One more direction - use audio tracks with SMPTE timecode.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

TC2000 has a write function therefore I can not figure out how to get a time code output from Beyond advanced?? Or how else can I generate a time code to feed from an external source to the TC2000?

Bruno, TC2000 has write function. This function generate timecode to output, and send timecode to input of BEYOND. And, it is opposite direction. The nature of situation - independently on IN or OUT, for BEYOND it still works like IN. It sounds confusing, but it is what it is. If you are looking for timecode output from BEYOND then you should use MIDI TIME CODE Out, or ArtNet timecode out.

The hint. SMPTE is audio signal. You can record it as audio, edit and play. You can prepare audio files with this, use audio mixers and so on.

Hope it helps.
Alexey

Back