software choice help quickshow/livepro/beyond

dco

I currently operate some lasers in a fixed venue. They have the quickshow software and 4xFB3.
Some years ago I worked alot with livePRO and really loved some features that i'm missing in quickshow.

I have 0 experience with beyond and before I request a demo I would like to know some things.

* does beyond provide me the same "layers with fx/color" approach as available in livePRO or other comparable mechanism
* it's not clear to me if beyond live control parameters can be controlled via artnet and which parameters are available (I know beyond can send out artnet and offers also dmx in/out via entec)
* could not find if LivePRO offers live paramter control via artnet in latest versions, or only via dmx?
* is livePRO still in the Pangolin software development track or is it the goal to move to Beyond anyway

Regards,
Dave

I believe Beyond ultimate has ProTracks that is the same as Live Pro, but with 2 extra tracks. Although I never tried it as I never really got on with Live Pro.

Beyond can be controlled via artnet directly without any device if it is incoming on ethernet. You can also assign dmx channels to pangoscript which can get you really deep into cool stuff.

Grab the demo and have a play :)

Thx!

Just wondering why protracks can only be available in the ultimate edition. I mean livePRO costs 250.00$ (ok no artnet, and software development is limited to bugfixes),
beyond ultimate 3495$ with more then 50% functions I don't use/need.

Shame the protrack function cannot be available in essentials maybe limited to 4 "protracks" just like livePRO. Same as artnet, all beyond editions provide dmx in/out via entec pro, these days
artnet is just common basic, just block artnet out then in essentials.

Well, that's only as far as i know man. I think there was a live pro that worked on fb3 but maybe it was beta and never made it out into the wild. As far as the cost, it's pro grade software, 3dsmax etc are also expensive.

If the venue think it's worth it, they will buy it. If you think it's an advantage to you personally as a professional, go ahead and buy a fb3 with license and it travels with you for the rest of your life. You only need one licensed fb3 to enable it for lots of others while it's plugged in.

Start With QuickShow, you can always go BEYOND when QuickShow is to limiting.
All our hardware comes with QuickShow, so which hardware you choose you can always start with that and use the upgrade path to go BEYOND.

But my bett would be BEYOND. Almost all large venue shows work on BEYOND now days.

Back