Stop animation speed affecting certain actions

ollie

Hi guys

So I'm hoping someone can help me work something out that iv been wondering about for a long time.

On old versions of quickshow I was able to pause the cues running and still use effects to manipulate the effects so for example:

I have a flat sheet running that in the effect will rotate, I pause It flat and then can use the rotate and effects such as jump to then beat match the paused cue.

On recent versions (like a couple of years of updates) this isn't possible any more. Has this feature just been patched out of the software or has a setting been added to allow this behaviour or not in preferences?

Thanks if anyone has any insight into this in advance

Hi igor

Thanks for your quick reply,

This doesn't seem to be the case when using the pause button at the top of quickshow (Well not for me anyway) Honestly iv never actually noticed the pause button for each individual cue so this may be a work around for this particular problem and thank you for pointing this out.

Let me explain the scenario in a little more detail:

On older versions I would select a cue, so for example an expanding circle, I would then be able to use the pause button on the top bar of quick show at any point in the circles expansion and it would of cause pause the cue at whatever point that was. I could then use my midi controller to rotate or speed up or slow down or effectively do whatever I liked with that cue while the cue was paused and yes also use the quick effects to my liking. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Iv also noticed that certain cues, (fans and beams page for example) don't appear to allow for quick effects to be used on them at all any more?

Im sure I must be missing something in setting so any further help would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance

Back