strange DMX output

We have noticed lately that when using DMX output we have some strange effects for devices with channel IDs set higher than 20, in fact the higher the channel ID the larger the faults appear. At first we thought we had a faulty DMX device but after testing other equipment we realised its a problem somewhere in the QM2000 or software. We started by using equpment with 5 channel allocation then when those didnt respond tried equipment with 1 and two channels. These all work perfectly if the ID's are set low like sub 20.

Anyone else had similar issues?

What do you mean by "Channel IDs"? And what kind of strange effects are you seeing? And lasty, exactly what is it that is interpreting the DMX? In other words, a DMX to analog converter? Something you made yourself or???

Bill

I have the same problem with DMX addresses
I have a 4 led fixtures with 6 channels each
1red 2geen 3blue 4strobe, 5dimmer and 6color change
first fixture is channels 1-6
2 7-12
3 13

hi Andy

try under settings - DMX settings - output conrol - number of channels
take that slider as high as you need it

it had solve my problem

Maype it would be a good idea that default value in LD2000.ini is:
[DMX]
Number Of channels=512

This way new users will have working system on first installation...

I am using DMX output with home-made relay box. It was programmed with all timings as declared in DMX standard and works no matter what settings are used on LD system. So there is no problem with QM and LD system.

Hi Aly,

Definitely a good idea, but we beat you to the punch. As of version four point someting (I can't remember), we increased the default value to 512, and also increased the default value for the delays as well. The result is, a slower DMX refresh rate, but already the QM2000 refresh rate on DMX is faster than any commercial big board (such as MA, etc. which are typically 30Hz).

Bill

hi everybody,

i am new here and new to all laser and dmx stuff. i made a dmx frame to control 4 channel dimmer. everything works fine, but when i set value lower then 100% light flickers. is this because of high dmx refresh rate? i tried to play with different dmx settings but with no success.

any would be great.

thnx

dk

Hi DK,

What you are describing sounds strange. Are you sure you don't have a problem with your dimmer?

Best regards,

William Benner

Back