Strange wobbling

micla

Hey guy's,

Now i stummbled on some strange problem:

I'm using a Asus K52J laptop, witch is more than suitible for quickshow i think.
Now whenever i pluggin a either additional usb device along side my FB3QS ( like a external HD or whatever ),or a line out cable on the headphone out / or a hdmi cable on the hdmi output, my lasers go wobbling all over the place.

At first i thought there wass something wrong with my lasers or my cabling, but now i've managed to localise this problem to my laptop i guess.

So 2 questions:

-Is this a common issue within the laserscene, because many components are very sensitive to other signals? and can it be resolved by any ampflier or something?

-Or is there something wrong with my laptop?

The strange thing is, that i have 3 lasers, but only one or two have this problem ( depending on the scene/cue ) so that make me think of a frequency related issue, but please, correct me if i'm wrong.

a worried member

Can you post a video of what you are seeing? I would like to see a side by side comparison with the laser that does it and one that doesn't.

Hey Aaron,

Tnx for reply, but i allready solved the problem. It was an audio cable who was disturbing the signal to the fb3 controller.

I' ve got some other problem though, involving a korg nano midi controller. I'll open up a additional thread for that.

Back