sync quickshow with freestyler via midi

ollie

Hi everyone

I have a fireworks/laser/dmx light show coming up and need your help. Iv created a load of quickshow cues that I would like to be triggered when a piece of music is playing, I also want my dmx lighting to be synced with the same piece of music. Quickshows dmx functionality is not good enough to provide the cues I require for the lighting. I use freestyler for the lighting cues and both of these programs use midi so this shouldn't be too difficult to achieve but I'm struggling.

I think using a track editing software is the way to go and send midi signals out of that to trigger cues in both programs but I'm finding this difficult to accomplish.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

Hi everyone

I have a fireworks/laser/dmx light show coming up and need your help. Iv created a load of quickshow cues that I would like to be triggered when a piece of music is playing, I also want my dmx lighting to be synced with the same piece of music. Quickshows dmx functionality is not good enough to provide the cues I require for the lighting. I use freestyler for the lighting cues and both of these programs use midi so this shouldn't be too difficult to achieve but I'm struggling.

I think using a track editing software is the way to go and send midi signals out of that to trigger cues in both programs but I'm finding this difficult to accomplish.

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

Have you solved the problem ? I would also like to do so

Hi everyone

Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

To launch a cue in QS by midi message, a solution is MIDI TRANSLATOR PRO software. It works very very well, and don't miss a hit ! Simply assign to a midi note a keyboard stroke and TA DAAA !!!

Back