Syncing on 2 computers

RobG

Hi folks. I am a fairly new user of QuickShow. I DJ and I own 2 laptops. One laptop is a backup for the other in case of a failure at a gig. I know how to keep Virtual DJ in sync and I know how to keep Chauvet ShowXpress in sync which I use to control all of my lighting. But I am not sure how to keep QuickShow in sync. Can someone tell me what folders I have to sync between the two computers so that QuickShow will have all of the information it needs to operate my shows on either laptop?

Thanks,
Rob

Hi folks. I am a fairly new user of QuickShow. I DJ and I own 2 laptops. One laptop is a backup for the other in case of a failure at a gig. I know how to keep Virtual DJ in sync and I know how to keep Chauvet ShowXpress in sync which I use to control all of my lighting. But I am not sure how to keep QuickShow in sync. Can someone tell me what folders I have to sync between the two computers so that QuickShow will have all of the information it needs to operate my shows on either laptop?

Thanks,
Rob

I am pretty sure you can just copy the entire QS directory, providing workspaces etc are stored there. Make sure the drivers are installed on the backup machine and you should be good to go. I don't think it puts files elsewhere in the Windows structure. I could be wrong though.

Maybe someone else can chime in. I guess the easiest way is to try it.

Copying c:\quickshow to another location will do the job.

THe 1 thing you will need to do is install drivers on both machines.

So go into c:\quickshow\drivers\ and install the package on the second machine.

Back