"Tails" on ild frames

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer 2000' started by soforene, Jan 14, 2009.

1. soforene

soforene Well-Known Member

\"Tails\" on ild frames

After loading some frames from a show created in software other than LD2000 I get "tails" from some points to approx. the centre of the frame.
    They appear to originate from (I 'm guessing) the last drawn point on the frame.
    If I delete that point then the whole tail disappears.
    I thought it may be something to do with "blanking" but all the settings I've tried do nothing to remove the "tails".
    Is this a known issue and how do I correct it?
    At the moment I am accessing each frame in a show and removing the originating point (which removes the "tail") manually but with some shows containing over 7,000 frames it's a time consuming process.
    Especially if some learned person can say "Click on X and they'll all disappear!". :)

Any pointers would be appreciated.
    Thanks folks.

2. decix

decix Well-Known Member

Re: \"Tails\" on ild frames

Try converting the frameset to vector-oriented (with LD2000) and adjust your vector output settings and scanspeed.

3. soforene

soforene Well-Known Member

Thanks for that suggestion.
    Converting the frames to Vector Oriented reduced the total Frameset size by 50% but the "tails" are still evident.

4. decix

decix Well-Known Member

need sample, you can send it to me via PL-forum if you like. same nick there...

5. lasero2000

lasero2000 Member

have you tried CTRL + E (eliminate blanking jumps) in LD?

if this works with one frame, you can select a block of frames and 'zap' them all.....

lasero2000

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Soforene,

If they are ILDA frames that you got off of Photon Lexicon, then that's not surprising. I have seen many incorrectly-made ILDA frames on that web site. You might have to use a tool within the Drawing window of LD that will allow you to shift the points (I forget if it is called "shift points" or "shift colors").

Best regards,

William Benner