Target Beam to other zones

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by neutrino, Nov 2, 2013.

1. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Hi,

I currently have four projectors with their FB3s. Want I want to do is be able to send the Targeted Beam cues to all 4.
    I have setup four new zones (Target 1, Target 2, etc). Within the projection zones settings for Targeted Beam I have added the four new zones under the Also To tab but it is not working.

To check i was doing things right I tried it with the Main Graphics zone and it works fine.

I am sure I have seen somewhere an option about re-routing the Targeted Beams but cannot find it.

I am using 588.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

2. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

Hi Rich,

TargetBeam system is similar to DMX, but with dedicated rendering of output. It processed separatelly, not like a frames from cue. Really - a special, separated subsystem. "Also To" do not work for it, and should not. The first reason is logic of this subsystem, the second reason - safety.

I recommend you to create additional Beams. For target beams you need to have ability to setup each personally. I do not see other option, just more beams. The sequencing and control - this is another story. It should be possible to add higher level control. I made a note.

Cheers,

Alexey.

3. neutrino

neutrino Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting back to me Alexey.

I have an idea of what I am going to do and will try it out over the weekend.

Cheers
    Rich