Target Beam to other zones

neutrino

Hi,

I currently have four projectors with their FB3s. Want I want to do is be able to send the Targeted Beam cues to all 4.
I have setup four new zones (Target 1, Target 2, etc). Within the projection zones settings for Targeted Beam I have added the four new zones under the Also To tab but it is not working.

To check i was doing things right I tried it with the Main Graphics zone and it works fine.

I am sure I have seen somewhere an option about re-routing the Targeted Beams but cannot find it.

I am using 588.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rich

Hi Rich,

TargetBeam system is similar to DMX, but with dedicated rendering of output. It processed separatelly, not like a frames from cue. Really - a special, separated subsystem. "Also To" do not work for it, and should not. The first reason is logic of this subsystem, the second reason - safety.

I recommend you to create additional Beams. For target beams you need to have ability to setup each personally. I do not see other option, just more beams. The sequencing and control - this is another story. It should be possible to add higher level control. I made a note.

Cheers,

Alexey.

Thanks for getting back to me Alexey.

I have an idea of what I am going to do and will try it out over the weekend.

Cheers
Rich

Back