timeline over network

Sid Sloth

Hi is there a way to start the timeline over a network. basically i have a laptop at back of house and one in tech booth to control it. i need to start a show from the boh laptop over the network, what is the best solution. thanks

You have a laptop on stage? and one in the front of house. Both they run BEYOND.. or just 1 of them?

You can use SMPTE to do this, but maybe a remote desktop situation would work here as well.

You have a laptop on stage? and one in the front of house. Both they run BEYOND.. or just 1 of them?

You can use SMPTE to do this, but maybe a remote desktop situation would work here as well.
i have 2 laptop one foh one boh and both have beyond on them but the one at boh is connected to the laser my only concern with rdp is there is sometime a slight delay was hoping to use beyond network as much quicker.

On both machines:
- make sure you have the correct port opened on your firewall on both machine ! TCP port 16063.
- Install BEYOND on both machines.
- Make sure you use the same workspace on both machines. (Not through network share! but on the local drive)
- In both BEYOND instances on open >> settings >> network >> network settings.
- go to tab tcp/ip.
- Enable the talk server service.

Now the service is enabled, go to the BEYOND instance in the foh, and click:
- settings >> network >> BEYOND talk client.

On the one backstage, you do
- settings >> network >> BEYOND talk server.
A popup will appear and it will be active.

Now click around in the foh and you will see The devices act as 1.

Additional info:
- TCP allows you to control 1 BEYOND/computer - point to point.
- UDP allows you to control multiple BEYOND/computers from 1 point.

Test this setup before using cause a few script commands are blocked for technical reasons.

Back