Timeline - Show Measures in BPM Question

keebs

Hi,

I'm creating my first timeline show in Beyond and want to have the timeline divided up into beats and measures so that I can align the cues with the music, however when I go to File -> Show Properties and select "Show measure time in BPM", the timeline view switches to show two different time scales, one in real min/sec/hundredths and one in some other min/sec/hundredths scale that seems to be based on the BPM you put in, but I can't figure out in what way.

Does anybody know how these are related and why it doesn't show up in beats / bars instead of min/sec?

Seem like a very strange decision to do it this way...

Thanks,

Todd

Actually, I think I just realized what it's doing: the new timeline that's added represents beats, but rather than have it be count as bars / beats, it still counts as if its in minutes / seconds.

In other words, rather than counting bars / beats like "1:1, 1:2, 1:3, 1:4, 2:1, 2:2, 2:3, 2:4... etc" it counts as "0:01, 0:02... 0:59, 1:00, 1:01... etc".

I can't imagine why it's being done like this, so maybe it's a bug? Or maybe the base unit of the beats can be adjusted somewhere?

Thanks,

Todd

Back