Timeline - Using a media audio output instead of live audio input for effect input ?

HKoncept

The new [Input for "Action"] feature in awesome. We can link many effect's variables to an audio input band's volume...

I just can't imagine how many things I could do if this feature was enabled for media in timeline (while creating a show). I could create an entire dynamic show regardless (almost) the media track... :D

In the Timeline, is is possible to link this feature to the actual show audio output (or single media audio) instead of an audio input ?

I am not sure I understand your question.

I have made a show that uses the AV track audio to modulate a laser frame on the time line basically making a show that will make an ocilliscope based on the AV Track audio so the laser frame is being "created" or modulated in real time based on the show audio.

The new [Input for "Action"] feature in awesome. We can link many effect's variables to an audio input band's volume...

I just can't imagine how many things I could do if this feature was enabled for media in timeline (while creating a show). I could create an entire dynamic show regardless (almost) the media track... :D

In the Timeline, is is possible to link this feature to the actual show audio output (or single media audio) instead of an audio input ?

You mean that you want to replace the audio track of this show, so it will automatically follow the audio file?

At the moment FFT is only accessible from Line in/Mic in.
At this time its not possible to hook this to the current playing media file.

Well, obvious its not entirely true, cause you can create an loopback on your machine from line-out to line-in.

But it will be possible inside Beyond in the future.
This has our attention.

I loopback my audio output on an Alessis USB audio box. Headphone output (stereo 6.35mm) to the two instrument inputs, works a treat. Just ensure you don't mix the inputs to the outputs or you will suffer feedback.

The ability to route outputs in Beyond and QS would be awesome, especially in cases where you use inbuilt audio of laptops, my Lenovo only provides the mic input which is useless. Not that you would rely on laptop sound IO for a show, but programming during a flight I do.

Back