Toggle Master before LC from pangoscript?

hitekvoop

I wish I had a button that would allow me to toggle this option. Can it be done without having to dig into the settings->config menu?

Because this crazy thing I built does different stuff depending on the toggle of that. It operates with statics as source cues and then I modify zones directly. So if I stick a color effect on a zone and then want to override it with manual color, the lc must be before master. So if I leave it there, then when I have mirroring on my zones and go to grab the master position x knob I don't get the "opposite" movement I desire unless I switch it back. There are other things like zone chases using zone replace.

OK. Yes, correct, place is important. Lets consider it from the other angle. Cue contain come Image that produce frame stream. After that we Effec+FX+LiveControl in Cue. In addition to that we have Master, what is FX+LiveControl. And, we have FX+LiveControl for each Zone, what is 3rd place of control. So, we 3 almost similar places where can be injected a control.

Effect/FX is a list of operations, a sequence of operations. Separation on Cue, Master,Zone level is somewhat theoretical. The path might be considered differently. There is Image that make/produce/generate points, and after that we have a sequence of filters (read effects). So, from one side we have one long sequence of optional filters. We may concentrate big number of filters in one place and decrease in the other.

There is 4 step construction: ProTrack, Cue, Master and Zone. So, even more. You can add one more control points, that work between Cue and Zone - Universe. It is a container of Effects. In total, we have at least 5 logical blocks.

It is not a problem for me to make it bigger. The question is how much you can keep in your head in live situations, and why existing control points are not good enough.

Alexey.

Yes, I understand. My use is unorthodox. I haven't yet tried using ProTracks (I'm on advanced license).

My approach is much like a synthesizer where static cues are used as "primitives" much like oscillators in an audio synth and then filters are applied at the zone level (via effects) so that if I change the source cue, the "mood" created by the zone effects remains.

I've built this idea such that I can "play around" live and still have it look quite good as the effects are worked on ahead of time and moved into a "preset" that I can apply. Perhaps I will abandon the approach at some point, but I'm having fun using it in a live setting. I could probably get around the self-imposed limitations I've encountered, but the easiest way off the top of my head was direct control of the "signal path order" via this setting.

Back