TouchOSC and Beyond

neutrino

I am playing around with TouchOSC and Beyond.

So far I am having great success in using the midi side of TouchOSC to control Beyond.
I have a Korg NanoKontrol so I made a replica for my iPad just so I could test things out until I come with a better design. Although I can send commands via midi to Beyond with no problems I am struggling to find a way to send feedback to TouchOSC either by midi or OSC.

What I would like to do is have the faders move on the iPad to correlate to what the NanoKontrol or the slider/dial in Beyond is doing.

I would also like to have an 'LED' in TouchOSC for each tab in Beyond and have it light up when its corresponding tab is selected within Beyond or with previous/next tab buttons in Touch OSC.
And then on top of that have a cue grid made from push buttons that stay lit when the cue is running.

Anyone else tried feedback from Beyond using TouchOSC?

Once I have an example of how the feedback works I am pretty sure I will be able to figure out more options by myself.

Cheers
Rich

Hi Neutrino,

Currently BEYOND do not generate OSC feedback because of a few technical reasons. One of them is possible network overload. In some situations the feedback might require a huge number of OSC messages, what will create a bad consequences.

We understand importance of feedback and looking for a balanced solution. It will take some time.

It should be possible to create a OSC feedback by yourself, by means of PangoScript. PangoScrips has OscOut command, IF, variables, looping. An idle script can check the state of objects you need to control, and if value changed, then it will generate OscOut message(s). This not simple way, because we are looking for some automatic solution.

Best Regards,

Alexey Sinitsyn.

Back