Tricky and persistent APC40 mkII issue

Logan I

Hi, I apologize for what will be a very vague report but I truly don't understand the cause of the issue.

Very often a random selection of buttons on my APC40 mkII will stop working. Usually it's my rightmost slider, the bottom-rightmost button, and the BPM double/half/tap buttons. Last friday in the middle of a gig an entire grid row on the APC stopped working. It's also happened to the quickFX buttons below the grid buttons. When checked by an external midi monitor, the APC is still outputting midi messages, it's only Beyond that has an issue.

It's not always immediate, last Friday the APC was connected to Beyond for multiple hours working fine until the grid row stopped working. In the past this was coupled by a MIDI Error 6 inside Beyond but now it's very rare that I receive that notification. I've experienced this on multiple installations of Beyond, across multiple APC40s, and multiple computers so I'm really not sure what's going on.

Would appreciate any troubleshooting steps or ideas!
Logan

I found similar happens to me when plugged in through an old cheap unpowered usb2 hub. Plugging into pc directly fixed it.

Update: my issue was nothing to do with usb ports or hubs.

I removed the back of the controller and reseated the ribbon cables. Completely fixed all my problems

Back