Trouble Programming new Show

Larry

I have a desktop with no cards installed. I am accessing the cards in a NEC docked laptop that I use to go out and do shows. The link works and I can load shows and edit them but have problem when trying to create a new show.

When I create the new show at completion of the wizard there is no show module. I can not create a show module or do anything in the timeline. Any click in the timeline causes an error to occur.

Any Ideas??
Larry

Hi Larry.

Hmmm. Can't imagine what is causing this... I suppose as a work around, you could just take an existing show and delete everything out of it (go to the timeline and select Edit/Select All and then Edit/Delete) or something like that. I will look into this and see if I can find the problem...

Bill

OK All kind of weirdness. Did as you suggested and was able to start programming. I then tried to open Show Designer and got and error that the boards could nto be found either on the network or locally. However Showtime is still runiing and working. Next probelm: I try to edit an effect and the effect changes and saves under the original name instead of creating a new effect with the new name and description as described. The cards are in a docked NEC Laptop running windows 2000 and the network runs through hub if it matters. The controlling computer is a Dell 4550 running XP. Any Ideas? I really need to get started on this show and if no solution is easy I will hook up a mouse and things to the laptop and work on the small screen if needed.
Thanks
Larry

I have discovered that I can not have Showtime and Show Designer open at the same time over the network. Is this supposed to happen?
Larry

Hi Larry,

No, theoretically you should be able to have LD and Showtime open at the same time with no problems. Note that you can only have LD and Showtime open ON ONE COMPUTER which would serve as the master computer. All of the other computers would be running only the LD2000_Network.EXE program.

I am not sure what is going on here because nobody else seems to be having these problems. Can you describe your system a bit more? What operating systems are you running on the computers and what kind of networking equipment?

Bill

I have had even more problems with the programming and just about lost a whole show (Thanks for the backup file!!!!) while editing and effect.

I am using a DELL Dimension 4550 desktop with a P4 2.4G processor as the Master. It has a built in Intel ehternet. This is what i am trying to use as my programming computer (Large monitor!!). The Cards (1 basic, 1 intro) are located in a NEC VersaDock docking station with a NEC Versa LXi P3-700 Laptop. Connected via a D-Link PCMCIA card through a D-Link 4 Port Hub. I actually use the Laptop on shows but have another laptop with the same machine I will be useing with a third intro card remotely very soon.
Thanks
Larry

Hi Larry,

After reading all of your posts up until now, about the best answer I can give you now is... "gosh, I don't know"...

You seem to be the only one experiencing problems and I would love to find the cause and solve it for you. It seems equipment related or some interaction between the software and your equipment.

About now, I usually ask clients to send us their equipment for evaluation. We would pay for the return shipping and give it priority attention if you want to go for it. Without the ability to examine your equipment directly, and attach debugging tools, I am afraid we can only speculate about what might be causing the problem...

Bill

Hi Larry,

Well, we can certainly evaluate if the laptop portion of this system is working properly.

I think it's time to take this off of the public forum. Why don't you send me private email and we will figure out shipping and such.

Bill

I wish I coulc but sending the Dell machine and HUB out would be impossible as they are my main office computer and hub for all networking. It would shut my office down. I could send you the laptop and docking station but I am not sure that would make any difference?
Larry

Good morning folks...

The problem opening Showtime and designer at the same time sounds familiar. I have also these problems sometimes. Setup: Laptop W2K Pro PII 266 as the controller and an PII 450 as the so called network slave also W2K Pro.
Opening the same time designer and showtimes causes an error "board not found".
It's either showtime or designer, but....if i first load showtime, load the show and exit showtime with clearing the board memory i'm able to start designer and after tha showtime. Sounds weird, but it's the only way to do so. By the way, i'm using LD intro with the latest softwareupdate.

Kind regards,
Marco Ladage
Netherlands

Hi Guys,

I just want to make sure of something. You are not trying to load both programs at the same time immediately, are you? What I mean is, with today's multitasking operating systems and fast computers, it is possible to start LD2000, and, before it completely loads, start Showtime. You must wait for one to load (the main screen comes up, etc.) and then load the other one.

How about if you guys do some experiments with other programs like Autoplay and Asteroids. Try loading one of these, and then LD, etc. Asteroids will complain if it is the second one to be loaded, but you can ignore the little complaint message box... it is trying to protect you from yourself...

Bill

Sorry, i mentioned to clear the board memory, thats wrong. Just exit showtime and keep the show in the memory.
I tried it like the way you said, starting showtime, wait a few minutes and then started designer.....the same story...board not found. I'll try to reinstall the computers with Xp and than run the whole test again. I'll keep you informed.

Greeting,
Marco

Back