two lasers with one FB3

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer QuickShow' started by rockerM, Mar 23, 2014.

1. rockerM

rockerM New Member

anyone know if it's possible to control 2 rbg lasers with one FB3 controller??

2. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

3. hakzaw1

hakzaw1 Member

If I understand this right--
    you can run up to 6 PJs from one PC/QS(or Beyond)FB3-- however IIRC all 'must' be RGB or RGV - or 2 color or single color(cannot mix) AND all must be either ttl blanking or analog full color. (All lower priced SOFTS are like that NOT just QS/BEYOND)

However I have read that when doing this by just using ILDA 'out' (the better PJs have both ILDA ''in' and ILDA out)and doing a 'daisey chain' is possible for a lowered quality of output and some purchase quite expensive boxes that BOTH split AND boost into the other PJs with an improved performance as opposed to ILDA 'Y' splitters --

Not sure the improvement is worth the extra costs.IMO....

I have run as many as 3 PJs(all TTL) with no issues i could see. Now that I own one RGB full color my TTL PJs must be ran with another (cheapy) laptop and a second (cheapy)soft- for me as i already have them my 'other' PJs will be ran from either I-Show or 5paghetti softs and used mostly as 'satelite beamers'--

ATM with Windows XP soon to be no longer supported by MS - older laptops will be sold very cheaply- as most now want very small ones and the larger laptops have become VERY cheap to buy and Win XP is just fine for running QS--

Good luck to you
    Len

4. Len you should have no problem running your TTL lasers off the same ILDA signal as your analog laser. The analog signal will modulate in a "linear" fashion but your TTL lasers will only "change" when their blanking threshold has been hit. I have been told most TTL lasers have a threshold of less than 5volts, so analog signals should make your TTL lasers run without issue... except for fades and "dark" colors. ;)