UDP in Beyond?

sYn

Hi,
we are trying to feed live complex graphic content to Beyond, we were ideally thinking to use UDP for this purpose. There is a "UDP broadcast talk client" feature into beyond, but it is not clear how to direct it to the laser and i can't find any information into the manual.
We are programming in open frameworks, what would be the best?

Thank you for your precious help!

I am not sure the broadcast feature you saw will do what you want.

I have used it to test something a Client wanted to do to have a "back up" system running in parallel (2 computers running BEYOND at the same time while also doing the exact same things in BEYOND, one system is the main system and one is the back up) with his show system incase something failed. I explain more in this thread: http://www.pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1428.

I do not think this is that similar to what you are trying but I am not sure. I will send this to one of our developers to see if he understands and can make any suggestions.

Hi Aaron, thank you for the prompt reply.
I'm surprised that this feature is not been implemented yet. I strongly believe that Beyond would benefit enormously from a UDP canvas input . At the present, the only way to get external video/graphic content into a laser software is using a video input in composite, which is really obsolete and inaccurate. The content is down converted from digital to noisy analogue composite through a scan converter and then converted back to digital by the computer running the lasers. UDP would be a direct bridge to lasers with no need of external hardware. This feature would be also not difficult to implement and would open the doors to new interactive graphic experimentation.

Looking forward hearing from you,
Best regards

First, clearly this is a complex topic. It's difficult to understand precisely what you're talking about. We would suggest you call the office so that we can discuss this by telephone. If you're in North America you could call 1-800-PANGOLIN. If you're outside, call +1-407-299-2088

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi, yes, this is exactly what i had in mind... unfortunately Syphon can run only on mac...
Would be great to have this feature in beyond, it would open the doors to more interactive shows...

Back