Universe / why zooming the roto Z?

whiteg

I created a master slider in beyond universe and add oscillating effect roto Z. The "cue" is rotating z, but the 'cue' zooming also.
Why zooming, why not only rotating Z? I can't understand.

I suppose you talk about Master Slider Effect. OK. Why it zooming, I think the answer is in nature of rotation around Z, do you remember how Z rotation matrix looks? OK, sorry. Master Effect button simply enable or disable effect located inside the button. Slider does the morph between incoming and outgoing frame, a frame before effect and after effects. This is a uniform way. Try it with some position, resize or recolor effect. It works great. In case of Z rotation there is some zoom-looking. It is one of fun effects.... btw, one more fun thing. Take a look at XYZ matrix key effect, as well as RGB matrix. RGB matrix is a bit tricky at start, but has simple nature. New Red = Red * A + Green * B + Blue * C + Offset. It allow to mix, patch or recolor.

Regards,
Alexey

The most possibly your 3rd projection zone configured for beam use. Open Projection Zones dialog, tab "Advanced", one of checkboxes disable effects.

Regards,
Alexey

Back