Video geometric

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer BEYOND' started by Sid Sloth, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sid Sloth

Sid Sloth Well-Known Member

Hi is it possible to do geometric on video u saw the tile scale on event tab but is it possible to send to a zone then re size then send to video out or make the geometric in effects tab work on video have tried many different was I did see it work for emu but not video
    Thanks

2. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

Hi Sid,

It is not possible for Video. We do not have a solution for this so far.

Regards,
    Alexey

3. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

If someone would write a plugin to send the Beyond video window, for example, to Resolume, there you could solve all these problems.
    For example, the Spout plugin. I unfortunately do not have the necessary skills and knowledge

4. Raider

Raider Active Member

it would be very useful, we who work with video and laser forward to this

5. Sid Sloth

Sid Sloth Well-Known Member

solved

Hi have found a simple solution to this using a 3rd party software I managed to warp the video by placing draving the video to external screen/projector then can easy warp or soft edge blend etc. cost only 150 euro

6. We do lots of combined Laser/Video Shows and use Beyond with Resolume or Modul8/Madmapper. We use SMPTE to sync both systems and find it the best solution after lots of experimenting.

7. LaserFan

LaserFan Beta Tester

YousriLaseronics, could you elaborate a bit how do you transfer Beyond video window to Resolume?

8. I run my Lasergraphics and Beams through Showtime or Beyond and run my Video through Resolume (before i used MadMApper with Modul8). Both accept SMPTE30 so i trigger both with SMPTE and it works well.
    I am using for Showtime the TC2000 from Pangolin.

At the moment i am triggering DMX Flames also through SMPTE using Sunlite Suite 2 from Nicolaudie.

So i have 3 different elements in my shows using SMPTE.

I ventured a little bit into synchronizing with MIDI, but decided that SMPTE works better and easier for me.

9. jb0815

jb0815 Member

send Beyond video output to resolume (again)

Hi guys,

I didn't manage to understand how to do the task to get out video from Beyond and send it to another software like resolume to do some kind of video mapping. What I mean is NOT a video used in the timeline, I mean the whole output including cues , which is send from beyond e.g. to a "video projector"-device instead of a real laser projector

You guys are talking about SMPTE, that was new to me, but as I found out that this is used to sychronize video outputs (when i understand right).
    But how can I GET the video stream from beyond to send (or stream) it out ?

Regards
    Peter

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016