video sync - master+slave?

aly

Hi!

I am upgrading existing system with video-sync input.
Existing are 1x PRO and 2x INTRO QM200 cards.
Is enough to connect video-sync to one card and is signal then distributed through software to other cards OR is needed to connect the same sync signal to all cards (DB-15)?

How about different sync for every QM card?

P.S. How is with dmx? When enabled, all cards output the same signal or are different dmx frames routed thru Zones to different cards?

Thank you.
Aljaz.

Hi Aljaz,

On question at a time, please :D

If you want all scanners to experience video sync, then you need to run the sync signal to all QM2000 boards. It is possible to feed a different sync signal into each QM2000 board, but I do not know if this makes sense. I guess it depends on your application...

Regarding DMX, ideally, DMX comes out of only the MASTER QM2000 board. You may get DMX out of other QM2000 boards, but we do not make any guarantees as to what happens with the other DMX outputs. Pangolin only ever guaranteed a single universe of DMX-512...

If you are talking about DMX-512 Input, then likewise, you feed DMX into the MASTER QM2000 and away you go. Nothing to it really...

Bill

Thank you for yor answers.

It is possible to feed a different sync signal into each QM2000 board, but I do not know if this makes sense. I guess it depends on your application...
Every room has it's own projector, screen and camera. Because cameras are not in sync, it's good option to sync each projector to it's camera.

Regarding DMX, ideally, DMX comes out of only the MASTER QM2000 board.
Hmm, how do I know, which card is "master"? I guess, in my situation it's PRO card (scanner 1)...

Thanks!

Back