Video tracks

neutrino

I haven't tried it yet as I am away from my computer but is it possible to have two video tracks on the Beyond timeline and have each one output to a different monitor.
I have a dual card where one output is my touchscreen control interface and the other connects to a Matrox Dual Head2Go interface which then connects to two projectors. I would like to be able to send a different video to each screen.

Any ideas if this is possible?

Cheers
Rich

Yes, this is possible.

This we had running on the PLS Germany.

Any pointers as to how I go about this? so when I return, and have access to my computer, I can go ahead and start playing rather than having to sit down and figure it out.

I have yet to do anything with the timeline within Beyond and now have a couple of show ideas up my sleeve I want to try out.

Cheers
Rich

Try adding multiple video projectors.
Then you can drag the video windows to other screens.

It works almost the same as an laser projector.

Hi Bob,

I cant seem to create another video window.
I have added 2 tracks with content but only have one video window. I can send this to monitor 1 or monitor 2.
I dont see any menu items for adding a second video output

Any pointers

Cheers
Rich

I think you may need to add a EmuLaser Projector (or two) under the Laser and EmuLaser Controller Hardware menu within the "Settings" menu drop down. A new video window opens with each EmuLaser you create. I only have one monitor output on the PC I am using so I cannot test sending it to a specific monitor...

I still cant find a way of routing the video track to a zone or monitor output.
If you right click one of the laser tracks you can choose properties, you can then select the Projection Zone.
This option doesn't exist under the Media track.

I am running v1.60 build 509 Is this the latest version?

Cheers
rich

So I have updated my version of Beyond and I still cannot find a way of sending video track 1 to monitor 1 and video track 2 to monitor 2.
I only have one video output window

Cheers
Rich

Hey Rich; I must admit my ignorance. I thought you could route AV tracks but it seems I was thinking you can assign EmuLaser projectors to projection zones; you cannot route AV tracks that I can see. I apologize; I will see if I can find a way to do what you are wanting but as of now I cannot see one.

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think it would be a great function to add as more and more multimedia shows are being created. Beyond would be a one stop shop piece of software, especially if you add video mapping too

Cheers
Rich

I need to excuse my self as well..

I was actually thinking the same thing as Aaron.

I will take it up with our development team..

Back