Virtual LJ Is Not Very Random

bungy

I have Virtual LJ set up like this:
-Trigger cues based on BPM
-Random in page
-Only trigger cues on initiated page
-Every 32 beats

Yes, it is random, but I am seeing a lot of repeats. For instance, cue X might play three times within the first 15 selections or so. I see a few cues repeating frequently and some never seem to show up (maybe I am not waiting long enough).

I think a better way for random mode to work would be like this. Once I start Virtual LJ, it would create a randomized list of every cue on the page and play through them all. Every time it plays through the randomized list, it would re-randomize the page and start over. The result being that I see every cue once before seeing it again.

A workaround I have used it to manually randomize the cue order on the page and then select "Linear in page". The only problem is the order is the same each time through.

Order of "click" is random. BEYOND ignore empty cues and marked as "ignore by VLJ" and then do a click on random cue. Yes, there can be repeats, random is random, but I understand what you mean. OK, I made a note in TODO list.

My general recommendation - use PangoScript. In this case you will have a control of logic, compose patterns, and so on.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Thanks Alexey. I was wondering if I could do something in Pangoscript, but I don't really know where to begin with it. I am a software developer by day so I'm sure I could pick it up quick. Is there a list of commands and APIs somewhere?

I recommend to take a look at Help tab in PangoScript editor, after that at "OSC Server" dialog, it has a help, and after that at "Objects" dialog in PangoScript editor.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Last edited:
Back