Virtual MIDI Keyboard

Tomasz Nowak

Hello,

According to QuickShow help you can switch between cues using MIDI signals (keys). There's a dedicated page (with a screenshot of a music keyboard) saying you can activate MIDI mappings by View/Show MIDI Keyboard menu option (or pressing CTRL+SHIFT+M). Unfortunately such an option doesn't exist on any of my installations (I checked on regular QS, XP version and a demo). Keyboard shortcut doesn't work as well...

So how to activate that option?

Link to QS help page: https://wiki.pangolin.com/quickshow:virtual_midi_keyboard

Dear Tomasz,

Thanks for bringing it to our attentions. This MIDI keyboard was removed from BEYOND/QS 4 because of main window overload and low probability to get something useful from this thing. The keyboard itself looks cool, and it was nice addition at times of LivePRO. Currently it does not make sense to me to keep it. The only thing it was able to do is to send MIDI message into QS. If you really want to get this keyboard - I made special app for myself with this keyboard, and several sliders/wheel. This is standalone app, it can send MIDI messages to any MIDI Out. If you will install LoopBe1 then you will get even more. You can contact me by email - report @ pangolin dot com

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Hi Alexey,

Honestly I don't really care about a keyboard... :) What I would like to have is to change Ques with MIDI controller.
I tried to do that with older Tascam US-428 and it doesn't work - controller is recognized by QS, I can change other parameters like position, size etc but I can't switch between Ques.
What's interesting is I can do that with AKAI MK2! Maybe it's a format of MIDI messages send by those 2 devices - I don't know yet, I need to investigate more.
I also have another option to program MIDI controller by myself and emulate PC keyboard keys (by sending window messages directly to QS window) but obviously I would rather use something build in if it exists...

Tomasz

Back